Sunday, May 31, 2009

sometimes you just have to work faster than your mind...

Another beautiful Sunday morning...I was laying in bed, actually feeling a bit depressed, for no particular reason...thinking all sorts of thoughts...depressing thoughts, feeling sorry for myself thoughts...grass is always greener on the other side thoughts....I got up put the dogs out, fed them....and went back to bed for a bit, I laid there for a while and thought...I should run, then....outside or inside. Can I run? I have on the treadmill in 7 Min's at a time segments...BUT I could walk... I got up, put a comb through my hair, put on some comfortable clothes, my cell, and my pedometer, and set out onto the open road, all in the span of a couple min's, before I had a chance to change my mind, and...two miles later, and 38Min's I was back home. My outlook had changed. The sun was coming up, the robins were out, the squirrels were playing in the dewy grass. I found a small metal pencil sharpener, and a black feather I thought I could make a composition, but as I was walking I had some ideas. I guess that would sum up my walk...it cleared my head, it gave my restless soul something to do...and I got an idea...

2 comments:

Cathy Anson said...

Happens to me, too. Amazing what a little exercise can do to exercise your mind and spark those ideas. Too bad, I can't bring myself to do that more often!

Kate (Cathy Johnson) said...

That DOES work...I wish I could still take long walks, it really puts things in perspective!