Sunday, March 1, 2009

Thing-a-day is over....

I may have not posted all of my 28 entries, on the days I didn't sketch I submitted a photograph. Since this blog is dedicated to sketching only I didn't want to post those entries here. I have completed my month of Saturdays in my downtown drawing class, it is going in a direction I didn't anticipate...pastels....I wanted to do a drawing of Rachael, my bosses daughter, and the next thing you know I am doing a pastel of her, I have never done pastels before. I have done, oils, acrylics, watercolor, not pastel...but I want to remain open to other forms of artistic expression...its just that, I keep wanting them to work in a way that they don't want to work in. It feels like a fight. I think I am ready to move into the finishing stages next week, and then I will get back into drawing, detailed drawing. My teacher does art in color so naturally he wants to move us into that direction, but I didn't expect it in my second class. I did find another interesting *learn to draw* site on the Internet last night. http://www.suite101.com/course.cfm/17130
It looks like it has a lot of good information. Since TAD is over I need to move on, so I will be hanging out there, and also try to be more active on http://groups.yahoo.com/group/everydaymatters/ ane in the meantime, continue to draw everyday....

No comments: