Saturday, June 6, 2009

Audubon Exhibit at Ella Sharp

This exhibit was absolutely amazing. 60 original Double Elephant engravings, rare oil paintings, books, photographs, other personal artifacts, one of which was a field notebook, which was closed. I wish that would have been opened up to one of his entries. I also wish I could have taken notes...I have always loved Audubon's style, and the way his subjects are portrayed in their natural habitat. I am already thinking I will be going back to see this exhibit before it leaves the end of August. Truly amazing!!............I feel inspired..................

4 comments:

winna said...

Isn't his stuff incredible! We'e so fortunate to have had him be the one to show us all he did so creatively---Winna

nanke's stuff said...

Oh yes, his work is spectacular! Where in Michigan is it? I'm in Michigan, too. I'd love to go see this exhibit! nancy

deborah said...

Nanke...double click the Audubons painting on my blog, It is in Jackson, at Ella Sharp Museum. It is there until the end of Aug.

Julie Durocher said...

Haven't seen it yet, but it sounds awesome! Maybe I will take my kids to see it this week.