Friday, March 4, 2011

beyond Thing-A-Day...

Well, T. A. D. is done for another year. I enjoyed it this year, as I picked a theme and stayed with it. I enjoyed the year I sketched as well. But,this year I choose one subject-quilts-and one way to portray them-watercolor-. The only thing I had to think about was which design of block I would do each day. From the drafting the design to painting, it took about an hour or so, and the first night I didn't have that to do was a little strange....I felt a little lost...I am four days into the next month and I haven't started a project yet. I am thinking that I want to make some blocks out of my favorite watercolor paintings. Since the paintings were just solid color, I would like to see how they would come alive with a design in fabric. I am taking a day or two to organize my space and then I will begin.

No comments: