Thursday, November 27, 2008

ok...well, it hasn't worked out like I thought

*The road to hell is paved with good intentions* I think we can all remember this saying. My pencil has been quiet, sitting hidden in its tin box, waiting...waiting for the moment when it can come out and play....to touch paper, to create a line....waiting.....waiting.....
************
You know, I don't know what it is. Fear of failure, which how egotistical is that, that I won't create anything unless it is perfect...I try to think, baby steps, learn by doing, learn by your mistakes, you only fail, if you fail to try. It is overwhelming to see the seemingly effortless work that is out there, beautiful work. It makes me wonder...was it like this for them, did they struggle or did they just push past it and did it? I have a new resolution, (I know)....but I guess I need to challenge myself to do this one thing everyday....good or bad...get over it, and just push forward.....so today, is that day. Today I am thankful that I have the ability and the means, that I have no good reason not to, I have plenty of paper and pencils, and journals....standing by....waiting.....today, I say, TODAY...is the day.....! So what will be my challenge...hmmmmmm....

1 comment:

jill said...

i am EXACTLY like this -- thinking each creation has to be perfect instead of a piece of practice art or working toward higher goals. it often sets me back in my work, keeps me from trying new things, and makes me procrastinate (b/c i don't have time to do it perfect right now!).

to help get over that, i just have to step back and create art for fun. just for the pleasure of doing it and not for anyone to see. if i can't do that on my own, i ask one or both of my granddaughters to work on a piece with me -- that insures that the piece will be for fun!