Sunday, June 1, 2008

drawing day

Drawing Day 2008

Drawing Day - June 07, 2008
drop everything and draw
Drawing Day is a worldwide drawing event encouraging everyone to drop everything and draw for the sake of art. The Internet is an open canvas. Help us create 1 million drawings online this day and boost online art communities. (I just came upon this on drawspace, so I have to go check it out too to see what it is all about.)


I have to admit...I haven't had the courage of my convictions...(one of my favorite quotes). I want to draw, but yet I seem to be too busy, to do what I say I want to do....but that's going to change. I am going to get back to my lessons on www.drawspace.com if you haven't been to that site, check it out...wonderful *free* lessons from beginner to advanced. I think I have one more lesson before I advance into the intermediate section.

I went to the library and picked up four books on watercolor; The Zen of Creative Painting, interesting book, a second in a series, offers creative artists of all levels empowering guidance based on Zen principles. The first in the series, The Tao of Watercolor. I also picked up you can paint watercolors, and watercolor for the first time, and painting realistic watercolor textures. I have some watercolor postcard blanks, to try my first attempts on, and post in the future.

No comments: